Doctor Who on Entertainment Weekly cover

Wow, something about Doctor Who appearing on the cover of a major U.S. magazine makes me giddy.

In the dark days, when the show was dead with no apparent hope of revival (regeneration?), who could have imagined it would one day return and, not just that, become incredibly popular, not just in the U.K., but here in the United States?

I first discovered "Doctor Who" via the series of U.S. paperback books that started appearing in the 1980s. I didn't see an episode of the show until one or two years after I'd read several of those books (which are great, by the way). A few PBS stations around the country aired old "Doctor Who" episodes, but none in my area. It took a family trip to England for me to catch a glimpse of Tom Baker in action.

How different things are today. Anyway, here's a link to Entertainment Weekly's teaser to this upcoming cover article.

No comments:

Post a Comment