Paul McCartney recording project on vintage gear

Macca tells Wired magazine about his latest experimental recording projects, which hearkens back to the days of four-track and "Tomorrow Never Knows"-style tape loops. As demonstrated by his most recent Fireman album, the best work Paul has done in years, McCartney in relaxed, experimental mode can yield good stuff. I'm also looking forward to the expanded remasters of McCartney I and II next week.

“I’ve dusted off the same two old machines that I used for ‘Tomorrow Never Knows,’” McCartney said during a wide-ranging phone interview to be published soon by Wired.com. “We’re having trouble finding spare parts. But my man Eddie Klein, who works in my studio and is an old Abbey Road guy, is a real boffin and has got the machines working again.”

“The new project is going to take a couple years,” said McCartney. “It’s very long-range. I’ve no idea when it is actually going to happen, but I’m really into it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment