TV Green Hornet unhappy with movie version

Van Williams is disappointed in Seth Rogen's take on the..., what's Green Hornet's nickname? Green Avenger? Buzzy Batman? Emerald Something or Other?

Anyway:

“I was pretty upset with the way they did it," Williams said. " They took their own license with it, they didn’t follow the character. I was very insistent, when I was offered that role [for the television series] that I was going to follow the characters as they had done it through all the radio shows…I wasn’t going to do camp, like they did in Batman.”

Williams revealed that he hasn't seen the film but seeing the trailer for it was enough to make him turn down an invitation to the premiere. “After all I’d heard, I was not that interested. I’ve got a lot of friends calling me and
saying, ‘they ruined it.’ I haven’t seen it, but after all this bad comment, I’m not sure I want to see it.”

3 comments:

  1. I wish I'd read this three hours ago. Pee-YEW! Van is right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Van Williams was spot-on perfect as the Green Hornet. I'm still waiting for the Hornet on an authorized DVD release. CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ridiculous to think that any new version of any character has to be faithful to a forty-years ago tv series flop. There was a reason the series only lasted one year. It wasn't that good. yes, I have it on dvd and it's difficult to watch. I haven't seen the new movie yet but for Williams to judge it on a trailer is foolish since a large part of the film has to do with this Britt Reid's growth into a hero.

    ReplyDelete