New comics July 14, 2009: New Creepy! Dr. Who! Incredibles! Batman! Captain Britain! Thing! Wednesday Comics!

Items of interest this week. Click the linked title to pre-order discounted items from Amazon.


CREEPY COMICS #1 Dark Horse's revival of the classic Warren horror anthology, with new stories by today's creators. I'll give it a skim and see how it looks.


BATMAN STREETS OF GOTHAM #2 The second issue of Paul Dini's new Dick Grayson-as-Batman book. I thought the first ish was all right, no great shakes. But I may hang in for at least the first storyline to see how I like it.


WEDNESDAY COMICS #2 This I'll definitely get. While I may not ultimately enjoy all the anthologized stories at the conclusion of its 12-week run, I love the format and the whole idea. There are some great creators at work here on fun characters and the art looks spectacular in the huge, tabloid pages.


ESSENTIAL MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE Vol. 3 Another big, black-and-white slab of not-so-classic-but-fun tales featuring the Thing and guests.


AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #599 70S DECADE VARIANT Ok, Marvel is getting just stupid in its attempts to milk its famed Obama cover for all it's worth.


CAPTAIN BRITAIN MOORE/DAVIS OMNIBUS I'm not a Captain Britain fan, so this isn't something I'd get. Should includes lots of lovely Alan Davis art.


DOCTOR WHO #1 The debut of IDW's new, ongoing Doctor Who series. I'll give it a skim. Done well, a monthly Doctor Who series is something I might enjoy quite a bit.

INCREDIBLES: FAMILY MATTERS #4 The concluding issue of this fun, Mark Waid-scripted mini. My kids like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment