New comics April 8, 2009

Items of interest this week. Click title links to order discounted books from Amazon.


HARVEY COMICS CLASSICS VOL 5 HARVEY GIRLS Featuring various girls named Little: Little Audrey, Little Dot, and Little Lotta. This is one of those things that I'm not into and won't buy, but am glad exists anyway. It means there are more classic comics back in print, where they belong. 480 pages in color.

BATMAN BATTLE FOR THE COWL #2 (OF 3) I read the first ish of this and must admit to be entertained, even though it's all a part of one of those grand, huge crossover events that I think have destroyed superhero comics. I don't know why. I guess I'm just a fanboy at heart. I love the whole Batman mythos, even though Batman's not even in this.

BATMAN CONFIDENTIAL #28 This one, on the other hand, I recommend without shame. Just a fun, straight-ahead, old school Batman story with wondergful art by Jose Garcia-Lopez.

SUPERGIRL COSMIC ADVENTURES IN THE 8TH GRADE #5
I've been reading this one with my 5-year-old daughter, who loves it and has developed a real interest in comics as a result. Good job DC! Now all you need to do is make this an ongoing series.

WARLORD #1 I enjoyed Mike Grell's original series. He's writing, but not drawing, this one, which makes it somewhat less interesting to me. I'll skim through it and decide whether or not to buy.


SHOWCASE PRESENTS THE DOOM PATROL VOL 1 This is a must-have, of course. Unless you already have the in-color Archives reprints.

1 comment:

  1. While I probably won't buy it either, I used to love Little Dot! In fact, when I was 9 I went through a phase of drawing dots on everything I owned...thus...destroying the future value of...of...all...sniff...those collectible comics and toys!!!!

    ReplyDelete