New comics Feb. 25, 2009

Here's what looks interesting to me this week. Click the title links to order books from Amazon--and help support this site!

Photobucket
EERIE ARCHIVES VOL. 1 A great batch of black-and-white horror tales illustrated by some of the best artists in the comics biz.

BATMAN THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #2 I wasn't knocked out by the first issue of this tie-in to the latest Batman 'toon. Not much of a story. But I'll give this one a skim and see if it's any better. At any rate, it's nice to see a kid-appropriate Batman comic on the stands. And the TV show is quite fun from what I've seen of it.

Photobucket
SHOWCASE PRESENTS SUPERMAN FAMILY VOL. 3 More goofy-as-all-get-out Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane tales from the Silver Age.

Photobucket
DC DIRECT WATCHMEN ACTION FIGURES Although I read it and was into it when it first came out, I've since come to believe "The Watchmen" was a silly conceit that's essentially killed children's superhero comics. I mean, how great an idea as "let's do a story about what it might be like if superheroes were real and unpleasant" anyway? Big whoop. The Phantom Zone--now that's a groovy idea. So, needless to say, I won't be buying these...
--DR MANHATTAN
--NITE OWL
--SILK SPECTRE
--THE COMEDIAN

MARVEL MASTERWORKS FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 1 The first FF Masterworks in a more affordable softcover edition.

Photobucket
DOCTOR WHO WHISPERING GALLERY A one-shot illustrated by Ben Templesmith. Looks like it might be decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment