Spidey/Obama update

so, did anyone out there actually get a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #583? I went to my neighborhood comics shop and it turns out--due to ordering logistics/conditions far beyond my mere consumer understanding--they didn't even get a single of the Obama cover. I was told a second-printing of the ish would be in next week. I checked a couple other stores and no Obama funnybook there, either.

Now I read that Marvel is actually doing a third printing of the issue.

At any rate, I'm sure I'll eventually see the story. I've actually been following Amazing over the past few months and want to see the ish just to keep up on Spidey's happenings, not just his interactions with the president-elect. It's been a good comic of late, for reasons which I hope to write about in detail soon.

1 comment:

  1. VERY frustrating. I'm a regular long-time reader of Spidey and went in on a Thursday to get the latest issue--I didn't care whether I got the Obama cover, in fact, I would rather have the regular Romita Sr. cover! I saw no copies of either at my regular store (and they had posted printouts of the Obama cover coming Jan. 14 all over the store!). I asked if they had any regular issues, and the guy said they sold out, but were getting a second shipment, but they would cost $75 each! I said, I just want the regular cover, I just wanna read my weekly Spidey! He said, well, a second printing is coming, but he understands it's sold out too, but a third printing is coming! Very frustrating. Marvel screwed this one up big time!

    ReplyDelete