43 years and STILL not on DVD: The Batman TV series

It's come to my attention (via Fred Hembeck) that this week marks the 43rd anniversary of the Adam West "Batman" TV series. Fred wasn't crazy about the show. Me? I was CRAAAAAAZZZZZZY about it. The cool Batparaphernalia, the wacky sound effects, the insane cliffhangers and all those crazy, bright colors.

I'm 43 myself, and watched the show obsessively when it was in reruns when I was 5 or 6. Goofy as it was, it turned me into a lifelong Batfan and, along with the Beatles and other obsessions, is likely why I'm doing this silly blog at all.

And I continue to think it's ridiculous Warner Bros. and Universal can't get it together, strike a deal and get it out on legit DVDs. But maybe they just want the bootleggers to continue making money off it.

Any way, it's been a while since I've run any photos from the show, so here's a fresh batch:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

More Batman TV Series posts and pics

3 comments:

  1. I agree. Loved every minute of the show and still watch it any and every time it might be on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big fan of the series, but it was Fox, not Universal, that produced it. One of the good things that might come out of the Watchmen lawsuit might be Warners allowing Fox to come out with the DVD collections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I did hear of an agreement with Warner and Fox about the DVD release of Batman the TV series.

    ReplyDelete