Pop links

Remembering Jim Mooney: An artist who drew... pretty much everything(!), Mooney passed away last weekend.

He worked prolifically through much of comic book history, dating from his work as one of Bob Kane's "ghosts" on Batman in the Golden Age through Supergirl, the Legion of Superheroes and Dial H for Hero in the Silver Age to Marvel titles such as Man-Thing and Omega the Unknown in the Bronze Age. 20th Century Danny Boy has a nice reminiscence, as does comics historian/scribe Mark Evanier.

----------

Via Bedazzled, how can you resist the Lovely 60s Girls Pool on Flickr. (No, it's a photo pool, not a swimming pool, but that'd be cool!)

Photobucket

-----------

A site and poster image are up for Joss Whedon's online musical project Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog featuring former "Doogie Howser," Neil Patrick Harris and "Serenity" star Nathan Fillion.

Here are details from Whedon himself:

During the strike I started writing a musical intended as a limited internet series, 3 episodes of approximately 10 minutes each. Writing with me was my brother Jed, his fiancee Maurissa, and my other brother Zack. To my shock and surprise, we finished it. To my greater shock and surprise, we managed (with the help of many people I'll be praising at length soon) to drag it into preproduction (yes, just as DOLLHOUSE was given a start date two months away and all my comics were due.) And today, after a grueling week of writing everything ever while trying to be a producer, I got to start shooting. A musical.

This much I will say: It's the story of a low-rent super-villain, the hero who keeps beating him up, and the cute girl from the laundromat he's too shy to talk to. And I'm having the time of my life.

"DOCTOR HORRIBLE'S SING-ALONG BLOG"

Neil Patrick Harris.....as Dr. Horrible
Nathan Fillion..........as Captain Hammer
Felicia Day.............as Penny

And a cast of Dozens!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment