41 years and still no DVD: The 60s Batman series

As Fred Hembeck and the exquisitely named Beer and Meat point out: Today is the 41st anniversary of the debut of the Batman TV series starring Adam West.

Last year, those guys, me and lots of other bloggers made a big deal of the show's 40th anniversary. Because 40 years is a big deal. Forty-one years, not so much. Except to point out the fact in my title to this post: This hugely popular and much-loved series is still not available on DVD--still due to legal hassles between Warner Bros. (which owns DC Comics and, hence, Batman)and Universal (which produced the original show).

Come on, folks! Work it out! There's money to be made here! Aren't you capitalists! I guaran-damn-tee you, if a season one Batman DVD set was announced for released today, I'd order it in a heartbeat, and I wouldn't be alone. Forty-one years is too long to wait.

But wait we will, I guess. And while you do, you may want to check out my posts last year of promo pics and stills from the beloved series. If you blink really fast, it looks like they're moving.

Also check out the Best Batman Sites on the Web.


"Hello, Warners? Universal? Please put our friggin' show on DVD! Thanks."

No comments:

Post a Comment